CLASS A TRUSTEES – VOTING MEMBERS
- Ron Neville, General Manager, Jenny Lake Lodge in Grand Teton National Park. Former Vice President of Lodging for Park City Mountain and Lake Tahoe, overseeing the daily Lodging operations for Park City, Utah as well as the Lake Tahoe, California resorts of Northstar Resort, Heavenly Mountain Resort and Kirkwood Resort. Ron received his BA in Economics from BYU and his MBA from the University of Denver. Ron began his career with Vail Resorts in 1993 as Convention Coordinator at the Inn at Beaver Creek, and has remained with Vail Resorts in numerous capacities. Prior positions Ron has held include General Manager of Arrowhead Property Management (APM) and Bachelor Gulch Property Management (BGPM), General Manager of The Pines Lodge, a RockResort, General Manager of DoubleTree by Hilton at Breckenridge, and Director of Operations – Lodging for Vail and Beaver Creek resorts where he oversaw the daily operations of six luxury hotels, two on-mountain overnight luxury cabins, 48 homeowner associations and over 500 rental homes.
- Laurel Simpson, Associate General Counsel, Development Associate, TCFC.
- Mary Walter, Vice President of Hospitality, Vail Resorts. Mary is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day hospitality operations of Vail’s Park City, Tahoe, East Coast and Mid-Atlantic resorts, including lodging operations, HOA management, two golf courses, and several dining establishments. Mary began her hospitality career with American Skiing Company (ASC) at the Grand Summit Hotel in Canyons Village in 2004. With the transition from ASC to Talisker and now Vail Resorts, Mary has held numerous leadership roles within Canyons Village, including Sundial Residential Manager, Executive Director of Housekeeping, and General Manager of the Grand Summit Hotel. After her time as GM of the Grand Summit, Mary was Director of Residential Operations for Montage Deer Valley. In the fall of 2019, Mary was offered the ability to return to her Canyons Village roots as the Senior Director of Lodging for Park City Mountain, and then started her new role as Vice President in April of 2022. In addition to the CVMA, Mary sits on the Board of the Park City Area Lodging Association and the Grand Summit Hotel Homeowners Association.
- David Howard is a seasoned real estate professional with 14 years of experience spanning varied markets and asset classes, and has been involved with Canyons Village and Park City Mountain over the past 7 years with TCFC. David is passionate about architecture and design as both a personal and professional interest, and believes Canyons Village is at a vital juncture in its development, with a unique opportunity to be America’s best mountain village. David also brings forward financial acumen developed through years of hands-on finance experience, with in-depth physical and fiscal management of all aspects of the real estate investment and development process.
LIMITED CLASS A TRUSTEES – ALTERNATE VOTING MEMBER
- Deirdra Walsh, Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Park City Mountain. Deirdra oversees all year-round operations for the resort. She originally joined Park City Mountain in 2007 and has nearly two decades of experience in the travel and hospitality industry. She was an influential member of the Park City Mountain senior leadership team between 2011 and 2019, and led several major capital improvement projects at the resort while overseeing more than a dozen mountain dining outlets. In 2019, she was appointed the VP & GM of Northstar Ski Resort in North Lake Tahoe, where she led the destination resort for three years. She returned to take the helm at Park City Mountain in the spring of 2022.
CLASS B TRUSTEES – VOTING MEMBERS
- Tony Tyler, developer for Columbus Pacific Development, has been a resident of Utah for the past 15+ years, 9 of which have been in Park City. As a developer by trade, Tony’s experience in the practical application of land planning, architectural design and development programming is an asset to the CVMA Board of Trustees. With multiple projects within The Canyons SPA – Apex Residences, Pendry Park City, Hyatt Centric Park City and Canyons Village Employee Housing – he has a vested interest in maintaining and improving the user experience through the CVMA. Tony has directly developed or overseen construction of $800 million of construction value ranging from high-end residential to multi-family to retail commercial projects. In prior positions, his experience ranged from real estate marketing and sales to industrial development and logistics. The diverse background of complex and large-scale projects has honed Tony’s expertise and broadened his views on the possibilities available to well-planned and executed development. Tony believes that we have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create and support the role of Canyons Village as a national and international destination for both the winter and summer traveler. Additional local board positions include CVMA’s Design Review Committee, Escala Lodges Condominium Association – Hyatt Centric Park City, Apex Residences Park City Owners Association and East Creek Ranch Homeowners Association.
- Jeff Bauml, A pre-construction owner at the Grand Summit who has been Grand Summit HOA president for the last three years. Jeff is a former physical tropical commodity trader with more than 35 years’ experience. He brings unique perspective to a multitude of not-for-profit boards which work with First Responders, Domestic Violence Families, Law Enforcement community relations and Public/Private park management in New York. Jeff and his family have watched the incredible growth of the Canyons Village over the years and are excited now to have a “seat at the table” of the CVMA board.
- Steve Osguthorpe was born and raised in Utah and has lived in Summit county since 1970. His family has owned land in the area since 1940 and Steve continues to work as a rancher in addition to owning and operating Red Pine Adventures, a snowmobile and horseback riding operation. Steve has been involved with the ski industry since the beginning of Park West and participated in the process with Summit County to create The Canyons SPA and its Development Agreement. Steve has served on the boards of a number of local organizations including but not limited to the Weber River water rights committee, the Utah Farm Bureau Federation and the Weber Basin Water Conservancy District.
CLASS B LIMITED TRUSTEES – ALTERNATIVE VOTING MEMBERS
- Brent Tary, GM of Westgate Park City Resort & Spa. Brent is originally from Las Vegas, Nevada where he has worked in the hospitality industry for the past 20 years. Over his career in the hotel industry Brent has worked or trained within all operations departments. Most recently he was the Director of Operations at the Westgate Las Vegas where he held numerous executive roles starting in 2015. Brent moved to Park City in 2019 and is charged with reinventing the guest experience and overall customer service initiatives at Westgate Park City.
- Robert Flaig has been an owner at Sundial Lodge since 2003 and a Sundial Lodge HOA board member in multiple positions, including president and treasurer for 8 years. Robert also owns six units at Grand Summit and is currently the chairman of the Grand Summit HOA technology and communications committee. He is an entrepreneur and has been a real estate investor for over 30 years. Robert has an MBA from University of Notre Dame.