CLASS A TRUSTEES – VOTING MEMBERS
- Ron Neville, General Manager, Jenny Lake Lodge in Grand Teton National Park. Former Vice President of Lodging for Park City Mountain and Lake Tahoe, overseeing the daily Lodging operations for Park City, Utah as well as the Lake Tahoe, California resorts of Northstar Resort, Heavenly Mountain Resort and Kirkwood Resort. Ron received his BA in Economics from BYU and his MBA from the University of Denver. Ron began his career with Vail Resorts in 1993 as Convention Coordinator at the Inn at Beaver Creek, and has remained with Vail Resorts in numerous capacities. Prior positions Ron has held include General Manager of Arrowhead Property Management (APM) and Bachelor Gulch Property Management (BGPM), General Manager of The Pines Lodge, a RockResort, General Manager of DoubleTree by Hilton at Breckenridge, and Director of Operations – Lodging for Vail and Beaver Creek resorts where he oversaw the daily operations of six luxury hotels, two on-mountain overnight luxury cabins, 48 homeowner associations and over 500 rental homes.
- Laurel Simpson, Associate General Counsel, Development Associate, TCFC.
- Mary Walter, Vice President of Hospitality, Vail Resorts. Mary is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day hospitality operations of Vail’s Park City, Tahoe, East Coast and Mid-Atlantic resorts, including lodging operations, HOA management, two golf courses, and several dining establishments. Mary began her hospitality career with American Skiing Company (ASC) at the Grand Summit Hotel in Canyons Village in 2004. With the transition from ASC to Talisker and now Vail Resorts, Mary has held numerous leadership roles within Canyons Village, including Sundial Residential Manager, Executive Director of Housekeeping, and General Manager of the Grand Summit Hotel. After her time as GM of the Grand Summit, Mary was Director of Residential Operations for Montage Deer Valley. In the fall of 2019, Mary was offered the ability to return to her Canyons Village roots as the Senior Director of Lodging for Park City Mountain, and then started her new role as Vice President in April of 2022. In addition to the CVMA, Mary sits on the Board of the Park City Area Lodging Association and the Grand Summit Hotel Homeowners Association.
LIMITED CLASS A TRUSTEES – ALTERNATE VOTING MEMBER
- Mike Goar, Vice President & Chief Operating Officer, Park City Mountain. He is responsible for all mountain and village operations. He began his career as a ski patroller in the White Mountains of Arizona and has over 40 years of experience in the ski industry. Prior to Park City Mountain, Mike spent 27 years at Solitude Mountain Resort in Utah before being appointed Managing Director of Canyons Resort in 2007. He joined Vail Resorts in 2013 following the acquisition of Canyons Resort and has since held Chief Operating Officer roles at Keystone Resort in Colorado and for Vail Resorts’ Tahoe Region. He returned to take the helm at Park City Mountain in the fall of 2019.
CLASS B TRUSTEES – VOTING MEMBERS
- Gordon Cummins has lived and worked in the greater Park City area since 1983 and has been actively involved in private business and the real estate community. In 1990, he founded All Resort Group, at one point the largest ground transportation company in the state. In addition to serving on the CVMA Board of Trustees for the past 12 years, he also spent 12 years on the Grand Summit Hotel board, 9 years on the Service Area No. 3 board and served for 3 years as a member of the Park City Chamber of Commerce. He was also a member of the Park City Lodging Association for 20 years.
- Steve Osguthorpe was born and raised in Utah and has lived in Summit county since 1970. His family has owned land in the area since 1940 and Steve continues to work as a rancher in addition to owning and operating Red Pine Adventures, a snowmobile and horseback riding operation. Steve has been involved with the ski industry since the beginning of Park West and participated in the process with Summit County to create The Canyons SPA and its Development Agreement. Steve has served on the boards of a number of local organizations including but not limited to the Weber River water rights committee, the Utah Farm Bureau Federation and the Weber Basin Water Conservancy District.
- Tony Tyler, developer for Columbus Pacific Development, has been a resident of Utah for the past 15+ years, 9 of which have been in Park City. As a developer by trade, Tony’s experience in the practical application of land planning, architectural design and development programming is an asset to the CVMA Board of Trustees. With multiple projects within The Canyons SPA – Apex Residences, Pendry Park City, Hyatt Centric Park City and Canyons Village Employee Housing – he has a vested interest in maintaining and improving the user experience through the CVMA. Tony has directly developed or overseen construction of $800 million of construction value ranging from high-end residential to multi-family to retail commercial projects. In prior positions, his experience ranged from real estate marketing and sales to industrial development and logistics. The diverse background of complex and large-scale projects has honed Tony’s expertise and broadened his views on the possibilities available to well-planned and executed development. Tony believes that we have the once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to create and support the role of Canyons Village as a national and international destination for both the winter and summer traveler. Additional local board positions include CVMA’s Design Review Committee, Escala Lodges Condominium Association – Hyatt Centric Park City, Apex Residences Park City Owners Association and East Creek Ranch Homeowners Association.
CLASS B LIMITED TRUSTEES – ALTERNATIVE VOTING MEMBERS
- Robert Flaig has been an owner at Sundial Lodge since 2003 and a Sundial Lodge HOA board member in multiple positions, including president and treasurer for 8 years. Robert also owns six units at Grand Summit and is currently the chairman of the Grand Summit HOA technology and communications committee. He is an entrepreneur and has been a real estate investor for over 30 years. Robert has an MBA from University of Notre Dame.
- Brent Tary, GM of Westgate Park City Resort & Spa. Brent is originally from Las Vegas, Nevada where he has worked in the hospitality industry for the past 20 years. Over his career in the hotel industry Brent has worked or trained within all operations departments. Most recently he was the Director of Operations at the Westgate Las Vegas where he held numerous executive roles starting in 2015. Brent moved to Park City in 2019 and is charged with reinventing the guest experience and overall customer service initiatives at Westgate Park City.