Summit County, UT (August 26, 2020) — Summit County Council approved the following extensions and modifications in public session:
1. Summit County’s Emergency Declaration and Public Health Emergency Declaration are extended to Jan. 8, 2021.
2. Public Health Order 2020-09 (The Face Covering Order) is extended to Jan. 8, 2021 with the following refinements:
- Single-layer face coverings that can be seen through (such as buffs) and face coverings with two-way valves are not approved. N-95 or KN-95 masks with valves are approved for use.
- Both of these face covering types have been found to provide inadequate COVID-19 prevention in national studies.
(Duke University Mask Study: https://advances.sciencemag.org/content/early/2020/08/07/sciadv.abd3083)
- Board of Health findings regarding face coverings in Child Care & Exercise facilities appeals are included.
Summit County has adopted the current State of Utah Phased Guidelines regarding all other Health Orders. These Orders may be extended, modified or rescinded as the local pandemic situation evolves.